1 Subject matter and definitions
- The Association of Baden-Württemberg Stock Exchanges (Vereinigung Baden-Württembergische Wertpapierbörse e. V., Börsenstraße 4, 70174 Stuttgart, Germany) (hereinafter referred to as the "Platform Operator" or "we") has set itself the task of offering a platform for networking start-up companies, investors, medium-sized companies and corporate groups with Startbase at www.startbase.de. The platform is intended to be a platform for the exchange of information between start-up companies, investors, medium-sized companies and corporate groups. To this end, interested parties (hereinafter "you") can register for free on the platform, create their own company profiles and exchange information in a reliable network.
- We are free to decide on the content, appearance, design, functionality and features of Startbase (hereinafter "Platform" or "Startbase"). This includes the right to redesign, modify, remove or change the content, appearance, design, functionality and other features of the Platform and individual elements, aspects, parts or features at any time, or to modify access thereto.
3 Services of Startbase
- If you decide to register yourself or the company you represent, you can make full use of the other functionalities of Startbase, make individual settings and provide further information about yourself or the company. In this case, the following regulations also apply to the contractual relationship.
- We do not check the correctness or legal admissibility of the content or profiles posted before publication. You alone are responsible for these contents.
4 Conclusion of contract, creation of an account, creation of a profile
- To To set up a user account, prior registration is required. The registration request of a company is only permitted by authorized persons. With the registration request, you confirm that you are of age, i.e. that you have reached the age of 18, and that you are entitled to create a corresponding account. age, and that you are entitled to enter into a corresponding contract contract for yourself or the company you represent, and that the information you have and that the information provided by you is complete and correct.
- By sending registration request on the platform, you are making a binding offer to conclude a contract for the conclusion of a contract for the use of the platform.
- After successful you will receive a confirmation e-mail with the activation to the e-mail address you have e-mail address provided by you. The sending of this confirmation e-mail constitutes acceptance of the offer to conclude a contract for the use of the platform. platform.
- The confirmation e-mail contains a link that must be clicked by you in order to activate the activate the registration on the platform. Therewith you receive the possibility to create your user profile and the access to the area for registered area for registered users is activated.
- We are entitled to accept the offer of a company for the conclusion of a contract for the use of the platform (registration request) without giving reasons. reasons. There is no entitlement to the conclusion of a contract for the use of the platform. platform does not exist.
- After conclusion contract, you can edit your user profile and post content. content. You can also decide which information and to what extent information is information is visible to other Startbase users and to what extent.
- The registration and use of the platform is currently free of charge. We reserve the right to reserve the right to offer further services for a fee.
5 Use of Startbase, duties of care and cooperation
- You register via the platform using your access data (e-mail address and password). You are responsible for ensuring that your password meets high quality requirements (tips can be found, among other places, on the website of the German Federal Office for Information Security (BSI) at the URL https://www.bsi-fuer-buerger.de/BSIFB/DE/Empfehlungen/Passwoerter/passwoerter_node.html. You must ensure that no other person gains knowledge of this password. We expressly point out that any person who comes into possession of the password has the possibility of misusing the platform. In particular, the password should not be stored electronically in an unsecured manner and spying out when entering the password should be prevented. If you discover that another person has knowledge of your password or suspect that someone else has, you are obliged to change the password immediately. If a change is not possible, you must inform us immediately.
- For the contractual relationship important messages we transmit to your e-mail address deposited with us. Therefore, it is also necessary in this respect that your e-mail box and, if necessary, the spam folder are regularly checked for possible messages from us.
- You are obliged to inform us immediately of any changes to the personal data you have deposited with us, such as your name, place of residence and e-mail address. In the interest of a secure platform and reliability of the deposited data, it may be necessary for us to request further information or documents from you in addition to the already existing data.
- You are prohibited from distributing and publicly reproducing contents of the platform or contents of other users of the platform, unless this distribution and public reproduction is provided for within the scope of the respective application of Startbase or the other user has agreed to the distribution and public reproduction, as well as to refrain from any action that is likely to impair the functionality of the platform, in particular to overload it.
§ 6 Copyright right of use
- You grant the the platform operator the temporally, factually and spatially unlimited right, names, brands, logos and graphical material as well as any other information and content information and content transmitted by you free of charge for the presentation on the the platform and to pass them on within the framework of the offers of the platform.
- You have to ensure that you are authorized to grant the aforementioned rights and that these rights are free of third party rights.
7 Responsibility for content and indemnification
- We do not check whether the contents posted by you violate the rights of third parties or other legal requirements.
- You are responsible for the permissibility of the content you post, as well as for ensuring that it does not violate any third-party rights, in particular with regard to copyright, competition law and criminal law.
- You hereby indemnify us against all claims asserted against us by third parties on account of an infringement of their rights by the content posted by you.
- We are entitled to temporarily or permanently block the contents posted on the platform, to remove them from the network, or to change them in such a way that they no longer infringe the rights of third parties, or to issue a required cease-and-desist declaration if a third party asserts a claim against the platform operator for cease-and-desist because of contents that a company has posted on the platform.
8 Term of contract and termination
- The contract of use is concluded for an indefinite period of time. Either party may terminate this contract of use at any time without notice. The termination may be declared in writing or by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The contractual relationship ends with the effectiveness of the termination. We will then delete the delete the user account and the posted contents. We reserve the right to to continue to use selected data for statistical purposes.
- The right to extraordinary termination for cause remains unaffected.
- Furthermore the platform operator may take appropriate measures in individual cases if there are there are concrete indications that a company violates legal regulations, third rights of third parties or uses the platform for purposes other than those agreed upon. than the agreed purposes.
9 Liability, Availability
- In the case of In the case of the fulfilment of essential contractual obligations we are liable for any fault of our employees and the persons we call in to fulfil these obligations (vicarious agents). (vicarious agents). Essential contractual obligations are those contractual obligations, the fulfilment of which is a prerequisite for the proper execution of the contractual relationship and on the observance of which you may regularly rely, or the regularly, or the breach of which would jeopardize the achievement of the purpose of the contract.
- With the other contractual obligations, we shall only be liable for intent and gross negligence of our negligence on the part of our employees and the persons we call in to fulfil these the fulfilment of these obligations; this shall not apply to damages resulting from injury to life injury to life, limb or health.
- Insofar as you culpable conduct contributed to the occurrence of a damage, the liability the damage, the principles of contributory negligence shall determine the extent to which we are extent we have to bear the damage.
- We shall not be liable damage caused by force majeure, riot, acts of war and natural disasters natural events or other occurrences for which we are not responsible (for example strike for which we are not responsible (e.g. strike, lockout, disruption of traffic, orders of higher at home or abroad).
- We cannot guarantee that the services of third parties, in particular network services or other services provided by third parties, will always be available without interruption, error-free and secure.
- The availability of our services may also be limited due to a disruption caused by force majeure, riot, war, natural events or other occurrences for which we are not responsible. In these cases, we are entitled to restrict the availability at our reasonable discretion (§ 315 BGB). This shall also apply in the event of corresponding occurrences or interventions by higher authorities having a corresponding effect.
11 Data protection
- When using Startbase, we also offer the possibility of transmitting your personal data to other users in part or in whole. The transmission of this data is at your own risk.
§ 12 Final provisions
- The initiation of the contract and the contractual relationship are subject to the law of the Federal Republic of Germany. The contractual language is German.
- The assignment of claims arising from the contractual relationship is excluded.
FYI: English edition available
Hello my friend, have you been stranded on the German edition of Startbase? At least your browser tells us, that you do not speak German - so maybe you would like to switch to the English edition instead?
FYI: Deutsche Edition verfügbar
Hallo mein Freund, du befindest dich auf der Englischen Edition der Startbase und laut deinem Browser sprichst du eigentlich auch Deutsch. Magst du die Sprache wechseln?